The current challenges:
A leading finance firm was completely dependent on traditional means of managing resources, time and employees. The tasks were completely manual, labour intensive and time-consuming. Our client was spending many hours of their critical HR manpower in carrying out the backend and administrative tasks of the HR, such as time management, leave management, and more details. The client also mentioned that their employees would often come to them with queries such as their salary structure bifurcation, leave policy and more, which could be time-consuming. They preferred to have a system in place that would simplify such tasks. Right from reporting policies to data analysis, the client was facing issues with this respect.
The Aykan Methodology:
At Aykan, we’ve carefully put together a system that is easy to manage, convenient to use and ensure that it offloads most of the organization’s HR-related data.
- Understanding Client Needs: We took a deep dive into the current processes followed within our client organization. We carried out extensive interviews of the HR managers, management and employees. Different requirements came up in terms of HR for each of these categories.
- Research: We undertook an extensive competitor study and analyzed existing HR management models to understand the pros and cons of each. We then inclined it with the demands of our clients in terms of customizing the product to their needs.
- Creating a pilot infrastructure: Because the HR model has to include various modules such as managing remote employees, handling different kinds of employment contracts, we created a customized system that could meet these needs and gave it a test run
- Creating an MVP: Upon approval, suggestions and adaptions suggested by the client and their team members, we created a first draft of the MVP or the minimum viable product. This MVP meets all the urgent and basic needs of the clients. This is put out on a test run in conjunction with the existing system.
- Review and adaptations: A constant feedback and improvement loop was followed to better the software product.
- Migration and implementation: Once the internal teams within the client firm were content with the software and it’s function, we carried out a stepwise migration process into the new software and initiated a full blown implementation program.
- Training and troubleshooting: Upon complete implementation, the client team undergoes extensive training and workshop by our team of technical experts to make the transition as smooth as possible.
Exceptional experiences built for employees
One of the most critical aspects of an HR management module is the importance of a baseline organizational setup. How many offices would be HQ based, which regions or countries around the world need to be monitored locally, and the mode or process of review to be set up for each was identified. This included the organizational hierarchy, campus information, department and sub- department bifurcation and the reporting roles within each of these.
This section entails one of the core aspects of the HR management tool. Our employee management feature allowed us to create a centralized laundry list of employees. It included every detail possible related to the employee and acted as a one-stop solution for managing the employees. Every aspect of the employee’s journey within the organization shall be recorded, tracked and analyzed within this feature.
One of the most challenging aspects of an HR’s role is to maintain consistency and integrity in payroll management. This factor directly affects both the employee and the employer. Our firm helped our client with complete payroll management services. This included calculating incentives, bonuses, overtime and more. The client could also request a loan, track it and manage it within the system. This also automated the tedious process of monthly payroll disbursement.
The client’s firm had a range of different employee’s categories and different means of accessing their availability. While the non-sales staff were within the organization all day, the sales staff had to travel across the country and even the world for work-related affairs. The time and attendance management system accounted for their time. This includes auto-adjusting their leave calendar, keeping track of the leaves an employee avails and the number of hours they put in. This makes it easier to conduct cost calculations due to leave deductions and work hour deductions, thus fairly simplifying the process.
The greatest benefit that the client experienced from this software tool was that the employees became self-sufficient in all their HR-related queries. Every employee had their own restricted access to their employee- related details. This became a one-stop front for applying the leaves, asking for permissions, getting approvals and more.
We could create a completely customized solution that allowed for the client to meet their HR needs with complete ease.
The client now saves hundreds of manpower hours that was earlier used for manual work. It has also reduced the number of small queries that the employees would have regarding employee management. The firm also observed that the employee could use a structured pattern to track and trace their requests and approvals. This improved overall organizational transparency and efficiency and reduced manual errors and complexities significantly.