The current challenges:
A sports management firm managing local sports championship at the state and regional levels was looking for an end-to-end automated sports management solution. The current challenges they faced included hassle in team selection, record updating and maintenance, deciding match schedules, scoring, recording and analyzing player performance metrics. The client currently used formats such as spreadsheets and manual documentation for maintaining this data. Since this was a completely manual process, it was time-consuming and prone to manual errors and inconsistencies. In addition, the client regularly held various tournaments, and onboarding new players and managing their play schedules proved to be strenuous.
The Aykan Methodology:
Aykan holds expertise in creating customized solutions that meet the clients need. Our team of experts mapped out the following steps to provide our customers with the appropriate solution for their sports management problems.
- Understanding Client Needs: An in-depth audit and survey was conducted to understand the current client needs. For example, what were the existing processes followed, and the team’s current loopholes? What kind of analytics were they looking for? Which steps of the process were low value but time- consuming, and which tasks were high value and time-consuming? We prioritized the task and processes on the basis of their importance and urgency.
- Research: Our team carried out exhaustive research about the current sports management tools that are being used both nationally and internationally, the pros and cons of each of them.
- Creating a pilot infrastructure: Based on our client’s current infrastructure and network set-up and keep in mind their scaling needs, we put together a blueprint of the infrastructure and the process that would be required. Finally, the pilot draft was shared with the relevant stakeholders within each team.
- Creating an MVP: Upon approval, suggestions and adaptions suggested by the client and their team members, we created a first draft of the MVP or the minimum viable product. This MVP meets all the urgent and basic needs of the clients. This is put out on a test run in conjunction with the existing system.
- Review and adaptations: A constant feedback and improvement loop was followed to better the software product.
- Migration and implementation: Once the internal teams within the client firm were content with the software and it’s function, we carried out a stepwise migration process into the new software and initiated a full blown implementation program.
- Training and troubleshooting: Upon complete implementation, the client team undergoes extensive training and workshop by our team of technical experts to make the transition as smooth as possible.
Goals served for sports management
End to end management of complete tournament from planning to analytics. This system allowed the client to create an entire event, just fill in the basic details, sports type, dates, venue details, languages and more. The software also allowed for the complete migration of another tournament into the system as required.
This was one of the core aspects of the clients ask. Our player management system allowed for simple details such as registrations, various options to upload, creating a complete data bank of all players and more. It allowed simple search options, player details, match details and more. The player’s sizes, such as jersey size, apparel size was recorded and stored within the system and thus could be accessed at any given point based on need. One of the core functions of the player management system was, to carry out complete analytics and provide the user insight about the player performance on the leaderboard, their rankings and more. Thus, simplifying the decision making for multiple people across the board.
The client organizes several games and therefore needs planning & management for more than one game at a time. This system allows the user to upload and choose from multiple game formats, add delete the entry and overlook the entire event with ease and simplicity.
Besides game categories, it was observed that one game could have multiple formats. Therefore our software enabled users to manoeuvre across multiple formats. The user can get an automated overview of the various hierarchies and have a look at the player progress, player performance and other such minute details with ease.
We enabled the client to have a complete overview of the various time slots available, games available, pitches, and more. The user can conveniently choose the time slots and also reschedule based on the availability of the players all in one go. We also provided the software with enough flexibility wherein users could have restricted access or hidden views based on their matches. To make this whole system more simplified and integrated, we incorporated colour coding for simplicity
Coming down to the real deal, our firm created a user friendly, easy to understand interface that made match execution seamless and time efficient. During the most critical time when the match is ongoing, our software simplifies how it stores, displays and uploads information. The user could easily enter information such as player injury, disqualifications and other such events that may occur. Complete data of the entire match is stored and constantly analyzed in real-time for the ease of everyone involved. All the data is constantly backed up and stored in case of an unforeseen circumstance and eventuality.
Details of the players, the matches they are playing, their basic information and details all need to be available and accessible to the stakeholders as well. Reports are available in multiple formats and can be provided based on the stakeholder’s requirement, thus allowing for easier analysis and insights by the respective persons.
Having a well-planned match eventually relies on how well the scores can be displayed. We helped the client manage the entire live feed during matches and ensure that team names, scores, and other details are clearly listed out visibly. Our system uses an IOT device to display the real-time details of the match on the screen along with replays and more. The user can completely customize and control what information is being displayed on screens.
The client could easily host events, manage players, games, venues, matches and more with minimal time & effort. We successfully trained and migrated the entire organization on this easy to user, user-friendly interface. Based on their role within the organization, the members could choose access data that would be necessary for their role.
Aykan Technologies could successfully meet client needs and ensure that there was a seamless transition from their existing system. We simplified the process of adapting into the new system with the help of training and SOP’s that simplified this task. As a result, the entire company now seamlessly integrates their matches and all match related details using this one platform.