The Industry Challenge
For online spaces built for free discussions, it can be a challenge to keep the participants involved in a meaningful way that doesn’t lead to confusion, delays, or misunderstandings.
The client wanted to build a responsive mobile application of Debate Software that caters to the users, providing a seamless experience and empowering them with the freedom to unleash their contribution to the betterment of society.
The Aykan Methodology
Design Requirements Met by Aykan
Login, Profile, and Dashboard Integrations
- We began by integrating multiple login options for users via Facebook, Gmail, or regular email and allowing the ability to import profile pictures from Facebook or add their own.
- Next came providing the users with a list of debate subjects and asking them to choose at least five of their preferred ones.
- This would lead them to a landing page on the dashboard, displaying all the debates related to the user’s preferences, along with the debate status—live, recorded, or scheduled.
- We added options for users to join the live debates: register for the scheduled ones, and view the recorded ones.
- The dashboard also included the option to search and find specific debates using the subject, name, and participant names, as well as providing the ability to follow individuals.
- The profile section for the user included the ability to modify the profile picture and user details and change preferred debate subjects shown on the dashboard.
- Also added was the feature that displays the number of people following the user as well as the people the user is following.
- We added the option to create channels for users, which are essentially hierarchies of multiple debating groups under them. All debates are placed under one or more channels.
- Users had the ability to create and edit the details of a debate and upload recordings of previous debates in their channels.
- Users could subscribe to preferred channels and get updates on newly added debates.
Create & Conduct Debates
- Coming to the actual debate section, a user can create a debate with specific details such as debate name, add a maximum of four panellists and one anchor, add date and time, enable/disable audience voting, tag relevant topics, access channel subscriber list, and send out debate invites.
- The anchor acts as the moderator of the debate, possessing the control to start/stop the debate and shut down the panellists (the ones debating).
- Audiences are provided with the option to vote in favour, against, or remain neutral in accordance with the subject. They can also select a panellist and give a thumbs-up visible to them.
- Audiences have the option to invite other people to spectate the debate.
- All the voting statistics are shown to all the participants of the debate.
Aykan mapped out a number of development stages to thoroughly understand customer goals. This allowed our elite, experienced team of developers and designers to build an intuitive, seamless mobile platform for Debate Software — a platform tailor-made for conducting intelligent, interactive, and healthy discussions on a myriad of subjects, and promoting a more free-thinking and respectful society.